Tuesday, February 17, 2015


I want to be Peter Pan. I don't want to grow up. I don't want to be an adult with real responsibilities. But, apparently it's too late for me...if it's not too late for you: Run! Save yourself!

Lately, there has been a lot weighing on my heart and mind. Most of it is normal, adult-y life stuff, but more and more I find myself worrying and praying for the high school students in our youth group.

They are battling some pretty dark stuff that I have never had to encounter. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around what some of them have had to experience. My heart breaks for them and I just wish that they didn't have to grow up so quickly.

My prayer is that I can show them an ounce of the grace and love that Christ shows me. I know that growing up is unavoidable (insert sadness, despair, weeping and mourning), but I know that my hope and identity is in Christ and I pray that these students will find that in Him too.



No comments:

Post a Comment