Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thirty Thursday's {20}

Describe a silly memory from your childhood.

Abby:
This is incredibly embarrassing but it's the first thought that came to mind...let me preface this story by stating: I did not want to play T-Ball. My mom made me, forced me is more like it but, I played T-Ball, nonetheless. I wasn't good at it and even though it was just for "fun" I had no fun. So, I was the typical little girl that sat in outfield picking dandelions, minding my own business, drinking a ton of Gatorade and dreading the time when we were at bat. Batting was inevitable and in true T-Ball fashion, everyone bats- including yours truly. In one game I batted and ran like crazy...to third base, and then to second base, and then I realized I had gone the wrong way...and then I pee'd my pants. I will not make my children play T-Ball, I may not even let them if they want to because I'll be reminded of my terrible past...and now I've made this public knowledge. Great.

Alex:

Growing up, our dentist was good friends with my dad.The dentist's office was about 20 minutes from where we lived so, I fondly remember getting out of school to get my teeth cleaned. Dad would come to the school and pick Greg and I up and we would blast the radio all the way to the dentist. I remember getting my teeth cleaned and the very first time they had to numb my mouth, I had no idea what was going on.  The hygienist had to leave the room for some reason and  I remember going numb, thus creating a ton of saliva. So much saliva that it completely drenched the paper towel they clip to your neck. I didn't know if the saliva was part of the numbing, so I just let it go.  Later the dentist came to check on me...he laughed a lot, and then he went out to the waiting room and got my dad so he could laugh too. Silly story? Yes. Embarrassing? Not quite like Abby's...

No comments:

Post a Comment