Monday, September 3, 2012

What a lovely holiday!

We have had a fantastic holiday weekend and I'm not ready for it to be over. But, all good things must come to an end or so they say...

To celebrate the beginning of the holiday, Alex and I went to a local eatery we really enjoy: Cleveland Heath.  I haven't had the same thing twice and I have not been disappointed. If you're in the area, stop by. It's worth it...yum. 

Later, we headed up to my sisters for a fun filled 36 hours. We got to play with Ethan and Nora and their fantastic parents. The rain put a damper (no pun intended) on our outdoor adventuring ideas. But, we had a good time relaxing inside. We even headed over to Springfield- the Illinois State Capitol & home to good ole honest Abe {Lincoln}. We went to Scheels, which is a sporting goods store with it's very own Ferris wheel! Becky, Ethan and I hopped aboard while Alex, Jared and Nora were our paparazzo.  Then we went to a Collier family fav-Chipotle. It was a nice lunch and a good time (and nap) was had by all. 

Becky and I even made a Pinterest recipe  for some Auntie Ann's pretzels, which I have dubbed Auntie Abby's pretzels. They were very tasty, but I'm glad I didn't try to make them by myself. It was really messy/greasy/sticky, but they turned out well and I would probably make them again...with some assistance. 

What excitement did you have over the holiday?




Picture Details
{1}: Becky, Ethan and Abby on the Ferris Wheel at Sheels! It was a fun ride, probably because there was a three year old sandwiched between us.
{2}: Sheels Token: Good for 1 ride.
{3}: Twisting the pretzels just like the pro's...
{4}: While we're here in the lower 48, my parents are off being Alaskan Adventurer's with my Aunt Linda and Uncle Wayne. I had only one request: find a moose and capture it's picture....this is what I got. They're quite the jokesters. 
{5}: While at Cleveland Heath I enjoyed my adult beverage for the month a Moonshine Blueberry Mojito...yum! 
{6}: Becky and I making, rolling and twisting the pretzels (Becky hates, HATES messy hands, so we did what everyone would do, greased our hands with Pam to avoid the mess and it worked)!
{7}: Ethan and Alex my the giant fish tank at Sheels. Ethan tried to mimic my fish faces and he ended up looking very squishy.



1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! We had fun too! I like how you did your pictures. You are going to have to help me out someday :)! See you soon! Love!

    ReplyDelete