Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pink Elephant

On I-55 near Livingston there is an antique shop/mall that always catches my eye. They have a giant pink elephant, space ship, ice cream cone and a lot of other unidentifiable objects littering the front lawn of an old school turned antique store. I always want to stop on our way to Springfield/Decatur and Alex never wants to. But, yesterday I decided that we were going to go see what they have to offer....
We had a good time looking at their odd collection of "antiques" (apparently Hannah Montana paraphernalia is antique...). I tried on a lot of "fur" coats, silly hats and jewelry. Alex didn't admit to finding anything that caught his eye, but I know he secretly wanted to wear some "fur" too...

Also, the previously mentioned ginormous ice cream cone is a working ice cream stand. So, we had to indulge....I got Dirt 'N Worms- vanilla ice cream with marshmallow fluff, Oreo's and gummy worms- it was quite tasty. Alex had chocolate with brownie bits (less adventurous, but still good). 


No comments:

Post a Comment