Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thirty Thursday's {3}

Week Three Topic: Describe your relationship with your parents.  

Abby: I have a good relationship with my parents. When I was growing up, I don't know how I felt about them...they were definitely not the "cool" parents. But, looking back, the kids with the "cool" parents aren't as "cool" now as they once were. I think that my parents had an even balance of nice and dictator. They told me very nicely what was expected of me and saw to it that I did as expected. It made me a hard worker and gave me a strong(er) back bone than, I think, I would have had.  It's funny how things change as we grow up. My mom is now a genius. She knows every recipe, how to fix any problems and her advice seems like God placed the words on her lips. I really love and appreciate my mama. My dad is now (one of) the funniest men on Earth, he's hilarious. He use to embarrass me...but now he's just really funny. I have a great deal of respect for my father. He is ridiculously smart, witty and a good Christian leader of his family. I love my parents, I think they're the best. 

Alex: I have a great relationship with my parents. They taught me responsibility at a very early age. They gave me the option to make my own decisions and I would have to live with the consequences-good or bad. They taught me hard work and that there is more to life than making money. They have been a great example of how a marriage should be, that there is give and take in all relationships. They never argue about anything, which is what Abby and I try to emulate. But, they were the "cool" parents and I turned out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment