Sunday, April 12, 2015

Go! St. Louis 1/2 marathon

Today I ran in my 4th half marathon and I did it all by myself. It was much more mental than physical this time; I attribute that to being solo, but it was a good race and I'm pleased with my time and performance. I ran my personal best time: 2 hours and 14 minutes (my pace slowed down at around 8 miles...I had to stop to use the loo). I'm very glad that Alex was there to support me and cheer me on.
pre-race


post-race

I didn't get lost...I started my phone too soon.

I really liked the course and it was pretty flat with the exception of the bridges and overpasses, but that's what you get in a city race (in my experience).  We ran over the Eads bridge and then back up the MLK bridge, then down to the Anheuser Brewery and back up to the start/finish line.

I'm glad I ran this race and I'm not planning on hanging my shoes up anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment