Thursday, April 23, 2015

a bicycle built for two

Last weekend we went to Salem to visit my parents, while we were there my mom and aunt had a surprise for me. It has been on my wish list for a long time and this year it is on my twenty five by twenty six list, so it had to happen.

What is it, you ask? A tandem bicycle!!



I am so excited, I jumped up and down like a little girl when they showed it to me. The bicycle originally belonged to my Noni and Elmer (my grandma and grandpa). They rode it in it's heyday and my goal is to restore it to it's former glory and ride it all over town!

We tried airing up the tires, but the air didn't last through the 5 second bike ride Alex and I took it on (I giggled the whole time) so they'll need to be replaced. The seats are pretty beaten up, so they will need to be replaced or restored. The brakes and chains will need to be checked out and the frame just needs a little elbow grease. Of course I'll be adding a horn and then it will be as good as new.

As soon as it's road ready, you better believe that we'll be riding it as much as possible (or as much as Alex will let me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment