Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thirty Thursday's {28}

We received two copies, from two different people of "The Five Love Languages" as wedding gifts. So it must be good right? It's a book about how to express your self and understand your spouse's expression's through each other's different love languages. It's written by Gary Chapman and I highly suggest it. In the book Chapman outlines five different love languages and they are:
1. Words of Affirmation
2. Quality Time
3. Receiving Gifts
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch

Abby's Love Language:

My love language is quality time. I never realized how much attention I needed until I read the book/got married. I need a lot of attention and to know that when I'm talking to Alex, that he's paying attention to me and not watching tv out of the corner of his eye.

Alex's Love Language:

My love language is words of affirmation. I didn't really know that affirmation was what I was seeking until we read the book, but it clicked instantly. I need support and words of affirmation make me feel comforted and reassured. By hearing the words, I feel better and more affirmed and prefer verbal confirmation opposed to written, expressed or any other type of communication.

1 comment:

  1. Can we borrow one of your books? I want both of us to read it too!

    ReplyDelete