Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thirty Thursday's {24}

We took an unplanned week off last week, but we're back on track with week #24!

What was your favorite hiding place as a kid?

Abby:
I love to hide and "scare" people! I still hide every chance I get to give Alex a little (non fatal) heart attack. I was really good at walking quietly and sneaking up on him...but our house is a little creaky so it's getting tricky and Moose wants to join in on the scaring fun. But, as a child I would hide behind a half wall in our mudroom when I would hear the garage door open or when I knew some one was coming over, just so I could pop up and yell "Boo!" Somehow my mom figured out my "secret" spot and wasn't scared by me very often...it could have been the three sibling before me that hid there too. Also, in my parents house is a wall that separates the kitchen and the sun room and it serves as a good spot to pop out from to give a scare.

Alex:

My favorite place to hide as a kid was: In my grandma Mary's basement, more specifically in the tall window/nook that could only be reached by jumping on the bed.  Anytime we had Williams family gatherings the kids would be sent to the basement to play. The game of choice at grandma's house was hide and go seek. After we got older, we would play Nintendo or play on grandpa's workout equipment (I'm sure he loved that). I don't remember much about the games, just that we always had fun and always left the basement looking like a disaster (this tradition still goes on today).  

No comments:

Post a Comment