Friday, February 22, 2013

Let me be transparent for a minute...

"God will provide." This is my mantra and how I get through a lot of my days.  I guess I will start at the beginning...or just November and catch you up in case you're not familiar with this chapter of our story.

November 30- We became home owners!! It was (and is) very exciting. We went from being forever renters, to thinking that maybe we should save to buy a house someday, to looking, to signing the papers to become first time home buyers within about three weeks.

December 5- We began renovating our new house! So far we have removed a wall, changed bathroom vanities, painted, layed new flooring, decorated, changed light fixtures, etc. It's a work in progress and I'm learning that it will never be done.

December 15- Alex said his good bye's at State Farm in order to start his own independant insurance agency, AW Insurance.

December 16- Alex signed a lease for an office space and began the grueling process of becoming a small business owner.

February 5- Alex's contracts all became effective so he could really begin selling insurance!!


Somewhere in there was Christmas... I believe on the 25th of December. Oh, and we went to Ikea and  I became the sole provider for our family of 2 + Moose.  Scary.

I know that we are living with plenty and that we are beyond blessed. We are more than making ends meet and as I write this my problems seem insignificant compared to the people in this world who live on less than $2 per day.

I'm a journaler and as I read through what I've written in the past, most of the content is about what's causing me to stress: the wedding, school, boards, finding a job, buying a house and now it's about growing up. But, one thing that remains constant throughout my journal entries is somewhere among the complaints/concerns/stresses/praises I've written  "God will provide" which He has, abundantly.


No comments:

Post a Comment