Thursday, December 27, 2012

"Oh what fun..."

Some people would end the song, "it is to ride, in a one horse open sleigh," but in the Williams' household the song ends, "it is to be a home owner!"
I will begin with some background information first...

This morning I asked Alex to turn the crockpot on so we could eat a nice dinner...fortunately he turned it on. Unfortunately I didn't specify the temperature, so our chicken cooked for 8 hours on high...yum. Upon arriving home and smelling our crispy, blackened chicken, I turned it off and dumped it down the garbage disposal -bad choice #2 (number one was not specifying the temperature for the crockpot).

After running some water down the drain I decided that if I put some dish soap with the water it would give the pipes a nice bath (bad choice #3). Unbeknownst to me, our garbage disposal is a hunk of junk and when one uses too many bubbles in combination with too much water and food bad things happen.

In our basement we have a creepy, cinder block shower with a (seemingly) useless pipe. Apparently this pipe is where our extra bubbles, food and water spill over.
Luckily I went down stairs to check our dehumidifier and noticed the Nile of bubbles headed to our floor drain.

Alex mopped up the mess and I cringe the whole time.

Moral of the story: just because you have a garbage disposal, doesn't mean it works or drains properly. Hopefully it will be an easy(ish) repair and Alex's incredibly handy father can tackle it. My fingers are crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment