Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Installation Station

I am not high maintenance, but I'm not low maintenance either. Our new bathroom is not palatial but it suits our needs. However, our 18 inch wide, no drawer, one door, blah bathroom vanity was not doing it for me...there was an inch on each side of the sink basin for "counter space." So, an upgrade was on my mind.
As Alex and I strolled the isles of Home Depot I spotted a vanity that wasn't out of our budget, it would fit the space and it had drawers- not one drawer, but three! Alex, being the fantastic man that he is, said we should get it and install it while his parents were visiting. So, without hesitation, we bought it and hauled it home.
After a few hours of removing, assembling, plumbing and 2 trips back to the Depot, we have a gorgeous new vanity. I can't even begin to express my gratitude for Alex's brother, dad and mom's hard work. Thank you Greg, Eric and Sue (and Alex too)!!

Our new vanity! I didn't take a good picture of the old one, so you'll have to take my word for it...

Sunday was a busy day, not only do we have a new vanity but, we also have a new microwave!! It too was a family event! It was an early Christmas present from my mom and dad and Alex, his grandpa, brother and dad installed it for us! There was only one trip back to the store for it's installation. :) Home Depot is going to know us by name. Four trips in one day...good thing it's close by!




No comments:

Post a Comment