Monday, October 1, 2012

A Surprise & A Mystery

What a weekend!!

Last Sunday was my birthday and we celebrated low key. Which was fine because, Alex had planned to take me to the Lemp Mansion for dinner Sunday night. However, they do not perform the Murder Mystery Dinner Theater on Sunday's, so Alex said he would make reservations the next day for the following Saturday night.... 

{Fast Forward through the mundane work week}

On Friday night Alex came home from work and told me that he had (finally) made reservations, to celebrate my birthday at the Mansion. I was really excited and looking forward to Saturday evening. 


A lot happened between Friday Night and Saturday Night....


On Friday nights at dinner we usually map out our weekend. This weekend I had originally planned to go to our niece's soccer game. But, when I mentioned it to Alex he said he didn't want to go because he wanted to sleep in...I thought it was odd that he wanted to sleep in because he sleeps until 7 and the game was at 9....but I agreed to "sleeping in." Upon Saturday morning's arrival, we were watching TV when Alex blurts out, "I am really hungry. Lets go to Dewey's for an early lunch." I was really confused and suggested he eat breakfast so he wouldn't be hungry. But, he adamantly said no, he only wanted Dewey's. Not having a reason not to go, we showered and went to Dewey's....

{Insert Surprise}

We walked in and when the hostess asked us if we wanted a table for two, Alex said no and said we'd sit with them (pointing to my parents, sister & family, cousin & family, and aunt & uncle). I was surprised!!
I'm still a little mystified that they could keep secrets from me for quite a while. But, they did a great job and I feel truly blessed, loved and surprised. My sister detailed the party here. Thank you all for coming over to celebrate my birthday!

After the big surprise, we still had the Mystery Theater to go to. We got dressed and ready and headed across the river. When we got there, there was a wedding reception going on and a  lot of people around, so we didn't get a chance to explore before dinner. We'll probably have to go back...maybe even to spend the night. But, it was a really pretty building and has a lot of history. The dinner was good and the show was very funny. It was very audience driven and interactive, Alex even got to put his acting skills to good use. He had to portray the victim's last moments before death...it was very funny and he got a trophy for his great performance! Although we didn't see any real ghosts, it was a lot of fun and I would definitely recommend going.   



Thank you everyone for helping me celebrate my birthday! What's your favorite birthday memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment