Wednesday, December 16, 2015

life lately: holiday edition

It seems like as soon as the holiday season is upon us, life explodes with busyness. From Thanksgiving on we haven't had a spare weekend, let alone minute that wasn't accounted for. But, don't let the busyness come across as burden, it is all very welcomed and very much enjoyed.

We have gotten to go to the Fox to see Cirque du Soleil Holidaze, hang out with our high school students, celebrate an early Christmas with friends and of course shop, bake and decorate. I am proud to say that I have completed all of our shopping, including Moose's gift- he knew I got him something because when I sat the bag down he wouldn't leave it alone, so now his new antler is in my closet...I really hope I don't forget about it.

This weekend will kick off our first family Christmas celebration at Alex's grandparents. Then we'll celebrate Christmas Eve with our church family and Alex's immediate family and then we'll head to my parents to spend time with my side of the family. All in all it seems busy when it's written down, but I wouldn't want to celebrate any other way.

Alex and I have been doing an advent devotional every night and it has really helped us to focus on what is important about this season and why we're celebrating in the first place. We are following along with the She Reads Truth (or He Reads Truth if you're a fella) advent and I highly recommend it. It's so easy to get caught up in finding the right gift or baking the perfect sugar cookie, but Christ's birth is so much more important and needs to be the central focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment