Tuesday, December 29, 2015

bumpdate: 28 weeks

Hello third trimester!! We only have a little ways to go before we get to finally meet this sweet little babe and I cannot wait. The last few weeks have flown by with the holidays and festive busyness. I hope the next few months go as quickly.

I had my 28 week appointment with my midwife today and both the babe and I are doing well. I passed my glucose test and thankfully I don't have to worry about gestational diabetes (hallelujah!). Other than that, she is growing right on track and her heartbeat sounds as strong as ever. I am so thankful that this pregnancy has been so smooth this far.

We have decided to deliver at Gateway Memorial for a lot of reasons, one being that they have a birthing tub and other area hospitals don't offer/allow water births. We still need to schedule our birthing classes but we do have an appointment to meet with a pediatrician next week.

I am still full of energy and feel great. Although I'm much slower, I've been able to continue running and "athletically walking" -that's how I convince Alex to join me on the trails, running sounds less enticing to him and my fast walking speed is his normal speed...it's a win-win. Moose is just happy to be outside when it isn't raining.

There is a rumor that you lose your second trimester energy somewhere in the third trimester and I'm not looking forward to that...we still have to finish her room and I have a to do list as long as my arm to complete before she arrives. Here's hoping I can get it all done!



No comments:

Post a Comment