Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015: our year in review

This year was a great and busy year for us. I'm sure I say and think that every year, but this year it's especially true. We started the year with several celebrations of birthday's and milestones, we hired our first employee at the office, we went on some very exciting adventures and crossed 9 States off our list, we said a hard goodbye to my Grandpa, I ran my fourth half marathon, Alex (finally) got glasses and can see, Alex's parents moved just a block away from us, we got to celebrate the weddings and engagements of dear friends, we got a new roof and Alex's dad refreshed and repainted the front of our house, we pushed ourselves outside of our comfort zones, we grew our business and last but certainly not least we found out that we're expecting a sweet baby girl! Phew, that's a lot!!

I say we, but I know full well that God has provided every opportunity, experience and event for us and for our good. Not that this year has been all sunshine and roses, there have certainly been challenges, disappointments, struggles and arguments. It's easy to list the good for the public eye and sweep the bad under the rug, but we live a real life and I don't want to perpetuate a lie that we have it all together. We rest in God's goodness and He is who we find our hope and identity in, so when we do have hardships we turn to Him and when we have triumphs we turn to Him.

I don't think we have any New Year's Resolutions this year, but 2016 looks like it will bring many firsts for our little family and a lot of excitement and new challenges. I cannot wait until the arrival of this little girl and to see how God will use her.

Here are just a few of our photographed highlights:

celebrating Amanda's birthday

completion of my 4th half marathon

Alex soaking in the Pacific

hiking in Oregon

checking out Beale Street

spending time with all of my siblings in the same place

bowling with some of my favorite tiny humans

waiting for the fireworks on 4th of July

we found out we're having a baby!!!

Riedle family vacation in Florida

some brotherly love at the Bishop wedding

exploring the Grand Canyon

watching the Cardinals play in the NLDS
last but not least, this little pup posing with our Christmas tree

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and that you have a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment