Thursday, May 21, 2015

nosy neighbor

I may be one of the nosiest people on earth. When Alex and I go out to dinner, I have a tendency to listen in on our neighboring tables' conversations. While it drives Alex crazy, I get to learn so much about complete strangers. Sometimes it's drama, sometimes it's exciting and sometimes I hear more than I want to...

Last night Alex and I were getting ready for bed when we heard a loud crash/crunch/screech sound, followed by a car alarm. Being nosy I sent Alex outside to see what had happened. He came in and said that a guy had hit a parked car and it wasn't ours, so he was going to bed.

I, on the other hand, was so excited to see how it all played out. So I peered through the curtains (very stealthily) and watched the guy who hit the other car walk around frazzled, the police show up and grill him with questions (Alex said I couldn't open the window to listen in) and I watched as the other guy talked to the police.

There was probably a bit of drama, because how do you hit a parked car and there not be drama?!? Sadly, I ended up falling asleep before I could see how it ended, but it was an eventful end to our evening and I'm very glad our car wasn't involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment