Friday, May 15, 2015

happy friday

This week was a weird mix of busy and slow all at the same time. On Monday, I feel like I blinked and it was Thursday, but each individual day was distinct in and of itself. It's strange how time works. Enough rambling....

On Saturday after I got home from Little Rock, I started catching up on everything I missed from the week and finally cranked out our Oregon trip recap. We had such a great time, I wish life could just be one big vacation- I think that plays into my desire to never grow up, Peter Pan style.

Sunday after church was a big day....we did yard work. While I generally like yard work, this was not a normal day pulling weeds. Why you ask? Because I saw a snake right off of our patio. I screamed like a little girl and forced Alex to kill it. He didn't want to and tried to just move it back into the woods, but I told him that if he didn't kill it, I would never go in our back yard again. Ever. He found the courage to kill it and then moved the nasty creature back into the woods.

The rest of the week was consumed with work and life. On Wednesday my sister Sarah and family flew in from Washington, so we met for lunch and it was great to see them. This weekend, we will be getting together with all of my siblings (and their families) for the first time in a very long time. I'm looking forward to our time together since my brother and his family will be moving to California at the end of the month and Sarah will only be here for a short time.

Other notable weekend activities include (but not limited to): enjoying a t-ball game, celebrating lots of birthdays, family pictures and (potentially) stopping by a baby shower. We have a busy weekend ahead of us and I'm really looking forward to it. With all of the busyness this week I did have time this week to put together a link roundup for your enjoyment! So, click away and enjoy!


This is just gross...I'm glad Alex doesn't have a beard

These are almost all spot on

I'm trying to convince Alex that this would be the best thing for us, so far he's not budging 

I don't think we'll make it this weekend, but I want to try to go sometime this summer

This list of questions is too good to be true

I would not have wanted to be in her row on this flight

This should be a (funny) reason why you don't want dentures

I will be adding some of these to my summer reading list


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment