Wednesday, December 24, 2014

santa hustled

Christmas is less than 24 hours away!! We wanted to celebrate the holiday all week so we started last weekend with Josh, Libby and Alaina. We drove to Indianapolis for the Santa Hustle on Friday after work. On Saturday we slept in, ate,  then shopped, ate, shopped some more and then we explored downtown Indy. The race was on Sunday morning and we were up and at 'em bright and early.

Libby ran her first 5k and did fantastic! We are all very proud of her and her willingness to train and endure the cold. Alaina ran her very first half marathon and she did great too! I had my best time so far and am pleased with our results. I don't think I'm going to hang up my running shoes just yet, I still have a few more races left in me.

Our official time was two hours and 16 minutes and our pace was 10 minutes 28 seconds. We had so much fun training and I really enjoyed this race. I listened to Christmas music the whole race and my favorite song that came up on Pandora was Run, Run, Rudolph (I thought it was quite applicable)! We headed home on Sunday after the race a little more sore than we started but glad that we ran.












(We don't know that other neon man...just a coincidence)


No comments:

Post a Comment