Thursday, January 2, 2014

Be kind to yourself

Happy New Year! Whether we're ready or not, 2014 is here. With a new year comes new resolutions and goals. We always start out with good intention's to become more organized, lose weight, learn something new, get out of debt, etc.

The goal most people struggle with (and fail) is losing weight or getting into shape. I'm not a nutritionist or fitness guru, but I do know that we can be too hard on ourselves. Yes, eating well is important and yes, exercise is vital for a healthy lifestyle. But, be realistic. You're probably not going to look like Gisele Bundchen or Brad Pitt within 2 weeks or even 2 months. I know that I am my own harshest critic and while I may see only one flaw, some one else will see something totally different. So, this new year be kind to yourself. God has blessed us with bodies that are designed to worship Him, not beat up on ourselves.

I'm sure that you know that Dove has a Real Beauty campaign, this video is very telling of our harsh nature. 
Enjoy and Happy New Year!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment