Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Words

We all talk a lot, therefore we use a lot of words. We have all heard (and know from experience) that it takes 100 good, positive words to cancel out one negative word. What we say has a lot of meaning and most of the time I just say whatever comes to mind, my filter isn't what it should be. But, it has been on my heart lately that I need to be more intentional about what I say and how it represents what I believe and how it's impacting the recipient.

James 3: 4-5 comes to mind,
Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. 5 So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts great things. How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire!

We have a great opportunity to build one another up with our words, I hope that I can seize my opportunities and not take my gift of gab for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment