Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Let me be transparent for a minute...follow up.

A few weeks ago I told you about my Pinterest "problem" here.  After my week without Pinterest I learned:

1. I had more free time.
2. I was more content with the state of our house.
3. Alex enjoyed using the iPad a lot more often!

When my Pinterest free week was over, I began using again (that sounds like I'm an addict). But, I quickly learned that the problem wasn't Pinterst, it was my heart. I was allowing myself to sit and gawk, lust and covet over seemingly unimportant things and think it was acceptable (obviously it's not).

I'm not perfect and I still get on Pinterest. But, I limit my time and know my boundries. There is a point when something becomes a problem and you need to begin searching for a soulution. Alex and I prayed about the situation and I'm consciously try to spend less time gawking.

Philippians 4:11 {esv}
Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned whatever situation I am in to be content.


In light of the subject, I found this ecard and thought it was amusing and fitting:

No comments:

Post a Comment