Monday, October 24, 2011

Strive...to celebrate

October is quite celebratory! We have been here, there and almost everywhere this month! Mainly, our time has consisted of celebrating birthdays and soon to be babies.
In October we wish happy birthday's to:
Kacey- Oct 5
Annie- Oct 11
Alyssa- Oct 14
Eli- Oct 20
Amanda- Oct 21
Jared- Oct 26
Alex- Oct 27
New Baby Girl Collier- Expected arrival date: Oct 26-28th

(If I left you out, it is not because I don't love you or want you not to have the happiest birthday of the year, it's just that my brain is spinning from all the birthday-ing!)

With birthday's come celebrating! I come from a family that knows how to celebrate and I fortunately married into a family who loves to celebrate, so I'm happy!

However, birthday's aren't the only reason to celebrate. As this whirlwind of a year is finally starting to slow down, I have been thinking about what I have been celebrating. I married the man of my dreams, I get to finish my college education, I get to look forward to adding two more niece(s)/nephew(s) to my clan!

To me, all of those are big things. But, I'm trying to slow down everyday and celebrate the little things. Today I celebrated the amazing sunshine, the golden trees, the fact that I left my water in my car all day and it wasn't boiling when I got back in and I celebrated that I saw the cop before he saw me (haha mom, just kidding, I was following a grandma so we were slowly and very safely chugging along).

I hope that my strive moment for the week is contagious, in that we will all strive to celebrate the little things God has blessed us with. If we cannot celebrate the little things, how can we possibly celebrate the big things....and still give God the glory?

Psalm 150:6- Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!

Celebrating with Alyssa at our 50th anniversary SIU Con. Ed

Eli's 2nd Birthday Party!
(more Birthday pictures to post later)

No comments:

Post a Comment