Thursday, October 13, 2011

Strive...to be a faux-tographer

I really enjoy photography. In high school I took a digital photography class to whet my appetite. But being an incredibly knowledgeable 18 year old, I knew everything and no teacher could teach me-especially since it was the first semester the class was offered and the 800 year old art teacher was learning along with us-I didn't take it quite as seriously as I now wish I had. Anywho, we had assignments and looking back, they were pretty cool assignments-drive around in the country and take pictures of fields and trees. I'm trying to remember all of the settings and information I "learned" and am now re-learning.

Last year for Christmas my parents got me a Sony DSLR Alpha 230 and I really like using it. It goes virtually everywhere I go (I now purchase purses that can easily carry it and all my junk..it's true devotion).

This past weekend I subjected my family to my new hobby and I think 30% of the 300 pictures I took turned out really great! The idea started as a Collier pre-baby girl photo shoot and ended up with everyone, which I'm very grateful for. It doesn't hurt that my subjects were gorgeous and so was the weather.Take a peek for yourself and enjoy!

The Blair, Collier and Williams Families

David & Terri/Mom & Dad/ Grandma & Pop

Jim & Shannon

Tyler, Paige, Josiah & Bella(the dog)

Collier Family

Kissing Baby Sister

Ethan

Alex & Abby (That would be me (Becky did the honors))
So this weeks strive moment is to try to learn more about photography and to get better and better! :) 

Romans 15:4 - For whatever was written in the past was written for our instruction, that through endurance and the the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment