Sunday, October 2, 2011

Strive...to be content

This thought has been resonating in me for a very long time. I have so much. As for the global economy and rest of the world I am rich! I have clean drinking water, pizza delivery, ice cream (that I can eat without the fear of bugs), a great little apartment and the list could literally go on, and on, and on. I am truly blessed. However, I find myself discontent frequently.

Alex just got a new car and phone and sometimes I get a little envious. However, I just got a new car, but his is new new with the new car smell and I have only had my phone for 6 months, but his is newer...the box is still out. Every time I open a magazine I see a dress that I must have, but yet I have dresses in my closet that still have tags.

I don't have a cute story or anecdote about my contentment, I just know that I need to be happy with what I have, when I have it. God has blessed me far beyond what I deserve and for me to not be grateful and thankful for what I have is very sad and almost embarrassing. The strive moment of the week...and forever is to be content with what God has blessed me with.


Hebrews 13:6 - Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."











































No comments:

Post a Comment