Sunday, January 14, 2018

nashville bachelorette party


Alaina was the first real friend that I made when we moved to Edwardsville five (!!) years ago. We formed the kind of friendship that was instantly deeper than "what are you watching on Netflix" and "did you see the Bachelor on Monday?!" (but we totally talk about those things too).  We celebrate, cry and do life together.

When she first told me about Garrett there was something different about him that was different than any guy she'd talked about before. She always described his character traits and how Godly he was (and is). The first time that I met him was the weekend before I had Margo so it's a bit of a blur, but I know that Alex and I both instantly liked him and knew he was good for our Alaina. So when she asked me (and Margo) to be in her wedding I was thrilled and of course said yes!

After planning and executing a fantastic bridal shower, we (the bridesmaids) started to plan her bachelorette party and we decided to go to Nashville!

After we got home from the Dells on Monday I turned around and left for her bachelorette party on Friday (busiest summer ever). We stayed with Garrett's uncle and had a fun, semi-restful weekend. Friday after we got to there we just hung out at the house talking and catching up. On Saturday morning we woke up and went on a party bike tour of downtown. It was July so it was HOT but we had a lot of fun and pedaled through town! Then we did a little lunching, shopping and back to the house to cool off and take a nap before going out to dinner. I don't remember where we ate dinner (mustn't have been too noteworthy) but we did go for drinks at The Patterson House which is set up like a speakeasy. It was a lot of fun and we had delicious drinks and desserts. On Sunday we ate breakfast and headed home. It was a great trip and I would do it again with the same girls in a heartbeat.

Sprocket Rocket Bike Tour

 the blushing (and sweaty) bride-to-be & bridesmaid (also sweaty) 

a much earned brunch after pedaling through Nashville


 always Ubering 💁





No comments:

Post a Comment