Monday, October 20, 2014

october + arkansas visit

Even though we are 20 days into October, I haven't had a spare second to post in 15 days. We have been busy but in a good way, not in a whiny, stressed out way. I think we've had something going on every night of the week this month and it doesn't look like there will be a change until after Christmas. I love this time of year and I love the hustle and bustle that seems to start, without fail, on October first.

Last weekend, we closed the office on Friday and drove south to Little Rock, Arkansas to see my Grandpa. It had been too long since I'd been down to visit, we were overdue for a visit. We loaded up the car at 3 am and arrived at 9 am, just in time for breakfast. After catching up and lunch, Alex and I headed down to the Arkansas River Trail. We'd read about it in the St. Louis Post Dispatch and it piqued our interest. We rode the 16 mile loop. It was a fun ride and good way to see parts of Little Rock that we wouldn't see otherwise.


Of course gnome came too  




After our ride, we spent the evening chatting, eating and playing domino's with Grandpa, Jean (his lady friend), and my parents.  Saturday, after my parents left at around two we were pretty lazy. We watched the Razorback's lose, napped, played cards and munched our way through the day/evening/night ;).

Me and my Grandpa


I've been chasing this cat since my Grandma and Grandpa brought him home nearly 17 years ago. 
Sadly his age is beginning to show and I finally caught him!

Sorry for the blurry nature of this phone picture, but it's just too good not to share


I am so glad we had the opportunity to visit my Grandpa. I think the world of him and I'm fairly certain he's the best Grandpa on Earth. We really enjoyed our trip and look forward to going back again sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment