Monday, August 4, 2014

weekend at the lake


To celebrate our anniversary, Alex and I packed our bags and headed north to Michigan. My cousin Tom and his wife Sara have a cabin on a series of connected lakes just south of Ann Arbor. We were very excited to get away and unplug; we had no internet and chose to use our phones sparingly. It was very peaceful and relaxing.

We kayaked, read, cooked together, watched a couple of movies and enjoyed the quiet. On Friday evening Tom, Sara and Markey came out and we went tubing on their boat. I'm not sure who had more fun, Alex and I or Markey. We ate dinner together and got to catch up all evening. It was a fun, restful weekend and now Alex thinks we should get a cabin...maybe someday.




The front and back of the cabin. The hammock (on the left of the picture on the right) proved to be a bit difficult for me to lay in...I didn't fall all the way out but I came pretty close, much to Alex's amusement.

No comments:

Post a Comment