Saturday, December 28, 2013

Merry Christmas Week

Christmas time is synonymous with spending time with friends, family and a whole lot of merriment. I'll recap our Christmas week, because I know you were dying to know what's been happening around here:

 I worked my last day on Monday the 23rd and then we headed east to spend Christmas Eve with Alex's family. I neglected to pack my camera, so there are no pictures, just these words and some great memories. Alex's Mom made a wonderful dinner (taco's- my favorite!) and we played games and of course, exchanged gifts. I spent the better half of the evening doting on my youngest niece and snuggling with her. We had a great evening and I love that I get to be part of such a great family.

On Christmas we woke up and enjoyed a low key morning with my parent's and aunt & uncle. We ate our sticky buns and sausage twirls and enjoyed a quite day. I managed to spend the whole day in my pajamas and loved every second of it! Alex and I got a mini foosball table for Christmas so we played with it and also mapped out our trip to Ikea. The new office will need furniture so, it seemed natural that we would make an Ikea trip. We woke up at 4am on the 26th and drove to Bolingbrook's Ikea. We got some desks, rugs, shelves, etc. etc. etc... We then drove back to Edwardsville, dropped everything off and headed back to my parent's house. Needless to say, it was a loooong day!

Yesterday, my brother and his family, sister and her family, Grandpa and my aunt and uncle and their son (from Virginia) all arrived. There are now 17 people and four dogs under one roof. It's loud, crowded and fun. We love this season and are very blessed. We have one more Christmas celebration- the 4th(?) annual Squibb/Blair/Puricelli rob your neighbor exchange! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment