Saturday, July 20, 2013

Oh, what a day!

We take our Saturday's very seriously around these parts amd try to cram as much as humanly possible into our day. A typical (ish) Saturday:

We woke up to the toilet still running, presumably from last night. I couldn't let it be so we made an early morning trip to R.P Lumber for a new flapper thing (Alex did all of the plumbing and I have no idea what all happened in the bathroom). After the flapper was replaced the toilet was still running so we went to Lowes to get a new something or other that, after a big wet mess, did the trick. Alex only shouted profanities once but I'm pretty sure that was after I told him I needed to got to the bathroom.

After we plumbed we headed downtown to the farmers market. We got some fresh mint that I have no clue what to do with but, it smells good. We also got some meat rubs that are fantastic on grilled chicken. The lady felt sorry for us trying to wrangle Moose and stop him from eating her samples so we got a freebie creme brûlée dip packet too. Hopefully it's as good as her other mixes. (Check out my Instagram for a picture)

I was inspired by our trip to Lowes to paint a mirror that I indefinitely borrowed my parents gave us, so we went to Home Depot and Ace to check out their spray paint options. I went with green and I'm very happy with the result, it compliments the rest of our bedroom very well (check out my Instagram for a picture).

After we spray painted, we decided to really paint, with rollers and all! We started in the creepy corner of our basement, cleared out the junk, swept and Alex dry-locked. The plan for tomorrow is to hang peg board and organize the tools and all of our miscellaneous basement stuff, pictures to follow.

Alex mowed, I weeded the gardens and then did our laundry. We've been very busy and I feel quite accomplished! Now to sit back and relax....or go to bed!

Happy Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment