Monday, May 7, 2012

Strive...to focus

I cannot do two things at once. Today I was trying to fill my glass with water from our fridge...while reading a yogurt label. Why was I reading this label for the 900th time, I do not know. Needless to say, there was water everywhere! In our bathroom, the cabinet doors under our sink open right at thigh level. I cannot brush my hair/teeth with the cabinet doors open without running into them. My left leg has a perpetual bruise. It's awesome. Alex jokes that it's high enough that people won't get suspicious. Last week I was trying to do homework while watching HGTV...it took four episodes of house hunters to fill out 20 questions. I'm that person who can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Although, my inability to multitask is comical...to those of you without the black-and-blue thigh...it can also pose a problem. I also try and fail at multitasking in my relationship with God. I try to do what I want and think that God will go along with it. But, ultimately His plans are better. I need to stop trying to do the "Abby" thing and focus on on what God wants. I need to strive to focus.

Isaiah 26: 3
You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.





No comments:

Post a Comment