Friday, May 11, 2012

B I G Weekend

I am graduating! FINALLY! I graduate with honors from the SIU Dental Hygiene program on Saturday. Graduation has never been the most exciting event to me, but I am happy to be done and to be recognized for my hard work. Although cliche, I honestly don't think I could have made it through without Alex and my family. I appreciate everything that you have all done for me and sacrificed for me. I don't think I can truly thank you enough.

On Sunday we are having a get together BBQ at my parents house, so if you're in the neighborhood, stop by! There will be plenty of tasty food and fun!

Next part of the BIG Weekend...

Alex and I are very excited to announce that we are adding 4 more legs to our family! We are adopting a 9 week old pound puppy! He is a beagle poodle mix, a boodle? or a peagle? He shouldn't be too big, 25lbs at the most. His mama was a beagle and his daddy a toy poodle. Anywho, he is the cutest pup on Earth! We get to pick him up from the rescue shelter on Monday.

We are naming him Moose!

Neither of us have raised a puppy. But, we have observed our parents, so hopefully that's enough. It is an exciting, slightly scary time! So far we have a lot of toys for him to play with and a fluffy bed for him to sleep in. We'll pull it together in time for bedtime on Monday...I hope. Although Alex has declared, "The dog doesn't come up the stairs. Ever." I nodded and smiled, but while the cat's away the mice Moose will play! ;)

Since I don't have my license, let alone a job, this is the most opportune time to train him and play with him. We are currently accepting any and all puppy raising advice, so PLEASE leave us some words of wisdom!


No comments:

Post a Comment