Sunday, August 28, 2011

Strive...to relax


















When Alex and I got home from our honeymoon my desk, in our tiny apartment, was covered in post-it-notes and notebooks. All of which had a common theme: TO DO.

I make lists like crazy! Some of my lists even looked crazy. I wrote one that honestly said:
To Do:
-          -Workout
-          -Do Homework
-          -Call Becky
-          -Shower

Who seriously needs a To Do list that says “shower”?! I have a tendency to get worked up about the little things and sometimes the big things that we encounter in daily life. Mainly self induced stress and school. Which leads me to my Strive moment…

I need to strive to relax. Not to be lazy, watch TV all day and not do my homework or housework. But, to stop fussing over the little details of everyday life and relax. I take for granted a lot of the things and people in my life because I am too busy worrying about something else.

Mathew 6: 31-34 – So do not worry, saying “What shall we eat?” or “What shall we drink?” or “What shall we wear?” For the heavenly father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment