Sunday, May 8, 2016

mother's day


Mother's Day holds a whole new meaning to me since Margo burst into the world. She is the most amazing, wonderful, fulfilling little person and I am so thankful that God chose me to be her mama. But 10 weeks in there is no way you could call me an expert...I'd say novice or amateur would be generous. I can't discern her cries (is that a myth or should I be able to know what her cries mean?!), I can't swaddle her with a normal blanket (the velcro swaddles are the best), I take forever to dress her and I don't know the words to lullaby's (I make up words to the tune of most lullaby's). Thankfully I have several amazing mama's to turn to when I need help and reassurance- here's looking at you Becky, Libby, Kacey, Linda, Andrea, Kassie, Melinda and so, so, so many more!

I am so thankful for my mom, now more than ever. I hope that I can be half as good of a mom as she is. The other day I called her three times...before lunch. My mom is quite possibly the most generous, loving, kind, gracious woman on earth. I cannot even begin to express how much I love her and how thankful I am for her. Happy Mother's Day Mama!

Thankfully I have an amazing mother-in-law and not an Everybody Loves Raymond situation! I am so glad to have Sue (and Eric) living just a block away and working with us at the office. She has the biggest heart and is the most genuinely kind person I know. I am so thankful for the man she raised Alex to be and that she and Eric modeled marriage and parenthood so wonderfully for him. Happy Mother's Day Sue! 

We are so blessed to have the best moms and hopefully Margo likes me enough to smile today ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment