Wednesday, March 9, 2016

margo's nursery

I have been meaning to take pictures and write this post for several weeks, but sweet little Margo decided to make her debut a bit earlier than expected, so I've been playing catch up a lot lately. But, better late than never!

I had  mentally pictured the nursery for so long, it was exciting to have everything come together in real life. I collected things for the room for quite a while,  so piecing them together was a lot of fun. When we found out her gender, the design plan didn't change too much, we just added pink and gold to the design.  But, you're not here to read about the room, so on to the pictures!


We got her crib from Ikea because: 1)we love Ikea and 2)I wanted something that was low profile, had clean lines and was white. We found her super fluffy rug at Homegoods, I found the "No More Monkey's" at Hobby Lobby and all of the parrots in the room are from my grandparent's house. Growing up, the parrots were in the room we stayed in when we would go visit, so they're a special reminder to me. 


The dresser was also from my grandparent's house and was in the same room as the parrots. I found the vintage maps at a flea market and the one on top is of San Fransisco and is super detailed and neat, the bottom one is just the US. I had seen banners like the "YAY" on Etsy and was telling Becky about them and she said she could make a better one and she did! 


The chalkboard was something that Alex and I made and used for our wedding and it has migrated around our house for the last five years, but now it seems to have found it's final destination. Becky used the same fabric from the YAY banner to make a pillow for the glider she graciously passed on to us. The woven basket in the corner is from Plowsharing Crafts in Edwardsville, which is a fair trade shop that curates in the best artisanal pieces. 




I saw these hanging baskets at Ikea and knew I had to find a use for them in the nursery. Since we are cloth diapering, we have lots of diaper inserts and need a place to keep them so they're ready at hand and this is perfect! On the second tier I have some of our swaddles and burp clothes at the ready and on the top are some toys. 


Becky made this box for our baby shower and I love that it's filled with so many books from so many people we love! I can't wait to read them all to Margo. 


If I had written this post earlier, I wouldn't be able to include a sweet picture of her sleeping, so that's a perk of my procrastination :)

No comments:

Post a Comment