Tuesday, November 17, 2015

bumpdate: 22 weeks

 
I feel like time is flying by and going in slow motion at the same time. I am so excited for this little lady to arrive, but there is so much to be done before she makes her debut!
 
I think have started nesting. I have started sewing things for her, creating our registry and I have been organizing and getting rid of stuff we don't need or have any use for. I am by no means a pack rat, so I may or may not be searching for things to get rid of...don't leave anything you want to keep at our house. Otherwise you may be buying it back from Goodwill.
 
This weekend we plan to start getting her room ready. It has been in my mind for so long, I can't wait to see it come to life. We plan to touch up the paint, clean all the woodwork and go to everyone's favorite box store: Ikea, followed by Crate & Barrel, West Elm and Anthropologie (one of us may be more excited by this than the other). We already have her changing table, rug and most of the décor, so now it's time to find the finishing pieces. I'm sure pictures will come soon.
 
We had our final ultrasound and she is indeed a girl. The only way to confirm any further is for her to arrive and I think it would be quite the shock if she's not a she! Health wise, she is developing perfectly and has four heart chambers, two little thumbs, arms, legs, eyes and ears. The hygienist in me made sure her lips and palate were forming correctly and as far the ultrasound shows, there is no cause for concern.
 

 
I am still feeling well and full of energy. Cuties (little bitty oranges) are my favorite snack and bacon is still a no go...I've tried. My running (if you can call it that...I'm so slow) is good, but I've moved to the treadmill for fear of falling. I have also started feeling her move around and her kicks are getting strong enough that Alex can feel them too, which is quite exciting!
 
We are really looking forward to Thanksgiving next week and spending some time with family and friends. Thankfully this year I have my Thanksgiving pants ready to go.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment