Wednesday, November 4, 2015

bumpdate: 20 weeks



I'm halfway through this pregnancy! It has flown by so far but we have just as far to go before we get to meet this sweet little babe!

At our 20 week appointment I asked approximately two million questions and our midwife answered them all very patiently and thoroughly. We feel really comfortable and at ease with our choice in healthcare provider. She said the babe is growing perfectly and is right on track. The baby's heartbeat is strong and healthy and at this point there are no concerns with the pregnancy...phew!

I am still feeling really good and full of energy. I've been able to continue running but will probably switch to swimming for the winter months...running on the ice seems to increase my odds of eating pavement. Speaking of eating, I'm still not a fan of bacon but I'm not having any real cravings either, unless you count pizza but that was a preexisting condition.

We haven't started getting the baby's room ready yet, but it has been on my mind and I think we'll start working on it after Thanksgiving. We may have some holiday guests and it's always nice to have a bed for people to sleep in.

Oh, have I not mentioned we found out the gender?!? Here I am toying with your emotions referring to him/her as "the baby" this whole time... Alex was dying to find out so we went to the Ultrasound Zone in Glen Carbon. On the drive there Alex kept going back and forth whether or not he wanted a boy or a girl and was giving pros and cons to each. He was finally put out of his misery when the ultrasound tech said...


I had our midwife confirm the ultrasound at our appointment and we have another ultrasound scheduled for next week, so I'll triple check then too. But as of now everyone is in agreement that we're having a sweet little girl! It will be quite the surprise in March if she is actually a he!

This has been such an exciting season and I am so thankful that God continues to bless us so greatly. I have learned so much more about God's character and am constantly reminded that He is good and to trust Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment