Saturday, October 17, 2015

unplugged

Before Alex and I left for our trip to California, he called Charter to remove cable from our plan. You see, we only had internet for a long time and paid $39/month. We decided to add cable and our bill went up to $95/month. After a few months of having cable we realized we didn't use it like we thought we would and so Alex called to have it removed. They would happily remove cable from our plan but our internet would now be $65/month....Alex wasn't ok with that plan.

They told him there was no way to get it back to $39 so after negotiating and trying to get them to back down, Alex got fed up and canceled all of our services ALL OF THEM...Then he called me and told me what he'd done. Since we were leaving the next day it didn't really bother me since we wouldn't be home to use the internet anyway.

Fast forward to today and we still haven't chosen to get a new internet provider. We have a tiny TV and bunny ears set up in the basement to watch the news if we want to, but it's a temporary solution.

Since I'm not distracted by browsing Facebook or Instagram and watching Netflix I've noticed a few things.

1. I watched way more mindless TV than I thought I did.
2. I really enjoy reading and going to bed early.
3. We don't need as many distractions.
4. Alex and I talk more
5. I like to go for evening walks with Moose
6. We both fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer since we aren't watching TV before bed.
7. Moose likes all the extra attention.

We will get the internet back eventually, but I hope that we don't use it as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment