Friday, October 9, 2015

bumpdate: 16 weeks

This post is a little late since I'll be seventeen weeks on Sunday, but better late than never!



Now that the cat is out of the bag this whole process feels more real. We can openly talk about it and not worry who is around or overhearing.
 
So far everything is going great. I feel good and am starting to have a noticeable bump and the babe is growing like he/she is supposed to. He/she is the size of an avocado and I didn't realize how big avocados were until I picked one up in the store yesterday! It's exciting and still sometimes surreal that this little person will be here before we know it. 

Alex and I are dying to find out the gender and to see him/her again. We had a bit of an insurance debacle so we don't have an ultrasound scheduled yet and that's driving Alex crazy (don't worry, we straightened out the insurance mess).

So far the only food aversion I have is bacon. I don't think I have had any real cravings but Arby's has never tasted so good, also apples and Nilla Wafers are delicious. But I think most of that is because I'm starving all the time. Weight gain has been right on track and I've been able to continue running and exercising as normal. The baby's heartbeat at the last appointment was 160 bpm (doesn't that mean girl??).

We are so excited for this new season of our lives and I'm trying not to wish the pregnancy away, but I'm so excited to meet this little person!


No comments:

Post a Comment