Sunday, January 25, 2015

january 24 aka abby's day

I am not a decisive person when it comes to small, everyday decisions. This video perfectly describes my feelings and Alex's frustrations....


A few weeks ago, I decided that it was time for me to make some decisions so I declared Saturday as Abby's Day, a day to do whatever I wanted. Alex happily agreed (barring housework and chores). I even made an itinerary, because I am my father's daughter. Our itinerary as follows: 

8am: Wake up
8:30am: Pancakes for breakfast
9am: Go for a jog
11:30am: Leave for downtown St.Louis
12pm: Lunch
2pm: Go to the zoo and art museum
5pm: Dinner 
7pm: Watch girly movies of Abby's choice
11pm: Bed


How our day really went.....(the times are on an "ish" scale)

8:45am: Roll out of bed (because Moose was ready to play)

9:30am: Chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast

10am: Dance party (isn't that how everyone starts their Saturday mornings??)

10:30am: We jogged 3 miles (Alex was thrilled...)

11:45am: Go downtown

12:15pm: Lunch at Bailey's Range- It was very good, check it out and get a milk shake, you don't want to miss out on that goodness. 

2pm: Try to walk off my milkshake at the zoo...the penguins are still under construction, but the sea lions didn't disappoint.

3pm: We visited the Degas Ballerina and the Brown Sister's photography exhibit at the Art Museum. 

5pm: We went home and on the way, we grabbed some movies and then we ate a nutritious dinner of Skittles and left over pizza. We watched The Good Lie and it was soooo good, you need to see it! We also rented Let's Be Cops and watched about 15 minutes before we turned it off to binge on Friends

1:30am: We finally made it to bed... (Friends really sucked us in)


We had a great Abby Day and today has been great too. Our church celebrated it's fourth anniversary with a combined service at the Wildey. It was great to be able to worship with everyone in one service and to celebrate how great God is. 

I hope you've had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment