Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Friendsgiving

This month Alex and I have been excitedly looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving. It is Alex's favorite holiday, so I try my hardest not to gloss over it and skip straight to Christmas (like the rest of America). To celebrate, we are trying to eat as much delicious food and spend as much time with our friends and family as possible. 

Last Saturday, Alex and I got together with three other couples and celebrated Friendsgiving. It was such a great night of talking, eating, laughing and playing Balderdash. Since it's November and Thanksgiving is looming around the corner, I've been reflecting a lot lately about what I am thankful for. At the top of the list are the friends that we are so lucky to have.

As I have gotten older (and I'm 92% certain everyone feels this way) it has gotten more difficult to make new friends. Not new acquaintances, those are a dime a dozen. I'm talking about real friends, the ones who have seen your ugly cry and still want to be around you, the ones that care about you just as much as you care about them, the ones who will text you late at night just to see how your day was; those friends. God has richly blessed Alex and I in the friend department and I am so very, very thankful. 

Happy Friendsgiving!


p.s Friendsgiving 2 is happening tonight...I said we are trying to cram a lot in this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment