Thursday, September 5, 2013

Welcoming Fall & mini DIY

Fall is here!! Well, not officially, but pumpkin spice latte's are back at Starbucks, which is the Bat Signal for fall lovers to swap their shorts and sandals for scarves and boots. Fall means that crunchy leaves and crisp breezes are coming. It means that the sun will be coming up earlier and that bonfires are always a good idea. It also means that it's the time of year when the décor in your home begins changing. Fall is my favorite season and guess what?! It's HERE!! Alex told me it was too early to decorate, but after my first pumpkin spice latte, I couldn't not decorate! Here are a few pictures of our fall-ified house: 






The bunting in the above picture is just some paint chips that I cut to size and attached with twine to an old frame. The only thing that I purchased this year was the pumpkin in the first picture, it was 40% off at Michael's. The candle/candlestick in the first picture was from my Grandparent's house. 

Now for the mini DIY. Our not-circular wreath...I'm not sure what it should be called, a door hanging? Whatever it's called, I painted a piece of wood with chalkboard paint and attached a ribbon to it to hang on our door. It's been up for a while, but I got the idea from my sister Becky to make the flowers and such attached to it interchangeable with mini clothes pins. She is very clever, isn't she? You should check her blog out too... 

All you need is:
Hot Glue Gun
Mini Clothes Pin
Flower/Leaf/Whatever you want on your wreath
Instructions:
Hot glue clothes pin on flower/leaf/whatever you want on your wreath. Attach to wreath. Step back and smile. You're almost as clever as my sister, but not quite. 

Exhibit A: Clothes pin hot glued to leaf.

Exhibit B: Final Product

Happy Fall, happy decorating, happy crunchy leaves, happy pumpkin spice latte's and happy crafting!

Disclaimer: Fall is my favorite season, not to be confused with my favorite holiday season: Christmas. Two completely different, but very exciting times of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!! And maybe when I finish my fall decorating, I'll post a blog too :)

    ReplyDelete