Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

September is here, which means my Birthday month is here, which means we have a month of celebrating ahead!  So far, we have had quite a busy weekend! Here's a recap:
On Friday my parents stopped by for dinner at none other than Dewey's. After their departure Alex and I met some friends for an evening of bowling! Alex won (I came in last, but I did get a strike)! 

Saturday was our long run day, so we thought going out to jog at noon was a good idea....it was approximately 100 degrees, give or take a few. Needless to say it was hot. We didn't beat any record times, but we got it done. Alex took to the couch for the rest of the day while I made good use of my "shopping" envelope and went shopping! I was the ultimate Maxxinista  and got a pair of jeans,leggings, a sweater and a very chic top all for under $50! Go me! 

On Sunday morning we got to hang out with the 5 and up's of Trailhead and we learned about Solomon. After church we played a rousing game of tennis with our friends Kraig & Stephanie and then we took our competitive spirit to the pool in a game or two of water volleyball. We had a very good and active afternoon. For dinner Stephanie (&Kraig) made Greek nacho's. They were delicious! The fun doesn't stop there either... We played wii and then consumed a s'more concoction that was fantastic...we may invite ourselves over to dinner every night... 

Finally on Monday, a holiday for relaxation and leaving work for Tuesday.... Alex and I decided we should tackle our basement, today. We (I) scoured Pinterest for some ideas and we talked through our options, keeping in mind our budget, we settled on a plan and went to Lowes. The project is underway and I promise there will be pictures as soon as it is more presentable. The phrase "It gets worse before it gets better" comes to mind... That leaves us to where we are now...in bed worn out and with paint in our hair. Good night and happy Labor Day! 

P.S. - More exciting basement details to come...eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment