Friday, June 1, 2012

Strive...to know I'm blessed

I have a disease. It's chronic and my mother has known I have had it for a long time. It's not terminal, but I'll probably die with it. It's called, I-want-itis. I WANT EVERYTHING!

 I want ice cream, I want Moose to go potty outside, I want the sun to shine longer, I want world peace, I want my neighbors to water my flowers when I'm out of town, I want to be taller, thinner, smarter, funnier, awesomer... 

I want something all the time. I don't want to get the words "want" and "strive" confused because, I strive to be healthier. I want to be thinner. This is the body God gave me so I should be as healthy as I can be, not disillusioned. I should strive to take advantage of sunny days and not pout when it's cold and rainy. I should strive to train Moose to be a good puppy, not expect him to be perfect (although he's pretty stinkin' close!).

I am so blessed to have everything that I do. I desperately need to stop wanting, whining and complaining for something I don't have and need to be thanking God and praising Him for all that I do. 

Job 22:21- Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you.
Hebrews 13:15- Therefore by him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name. 
Psalm 145: 3- Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.


No comments:

Post a Comment