Monday, June 25, 2012

Busy, busy, busy

It does not seem like only a week ago that Alex and I were white water rafting. Our week has been crazy good, but crazy busy! I will start from the beginning...


I have been out of school for a little over a month and since graduation day I have been sending resumes to every dentist I can find an address for. But, one day one of my classmates who lives across the river in St. Charles was browsing Craigslist for jobs in our area and came across a listing in Godfrey (which is about 30 minutes from our house). So, I emailed my resume to a blind ad and hoped for the best. A few days later I got a phone call and they wanted me to come in to interview! I was ecstatic and then a bit concerned....what was I supposed to wear?!? I went to the interview and learned that he was interviewing 12 more Hygienists, but he'd bring back his favorite four for a second interview. Alex and I headed to Colorado and I momentarily forgot.... 


Insert crazy busy week 


Monday: Alex and I got home from vacation. We were exhausted and I had A LOT of laundry.


Tuesday:Laundry, a phone call for my second interview[!] and a State Farm meeting about a potential, future agency. The meeting outlined for the spouses what is involved in opening an agency as well as how the process works. The process seems long and tedious, but I think it's a path we are slowly going to head down. (Proud wife moment: the first step is a test that is only allowed to be taken once a year and isn't necessarily easy. But, don't worry Alex aced it the first time!!) 


Wednesday: I went up to Mt. Zion to help Becky with Nora and Ethan's photo shoot. :) It was a good day and always fun to hangout and play with them. But, nonetheless a long day. 


Thursday: Interview day!! I was excited to go back in and get to observe the office and get to meet the hygienists, assistants and dentists. It is a fairly big office and they're looking to continue growing and expanding. Coincidentally, my very good friend Alyssa is one of the hygienists there. I left feeling fairly good, but there is always a hint of anxiety. I muddled through the rest of the day and that evening I met my, previously mentioned friend Alyssa, for "Lash Blast." She recently launched her Mary Kay business and invited me to have an evening of taco's (my favorite) and lash learning. We walked out with lovely, long lashes! We had a good time and if anyone is interested in a Mary Kay consultant, she is fantastic! 


Friday: I had nothing planned for Friday, but apparently I had a good day in store... I got a phone call at 8:15am from Dentistry with TLC hiring me as their 4th hygienist!!! I am very excited and ready to start my first big girl job...after we get home from vacation! 


I am so grateful for how much God has blessed and provided for us. We are so blessed, happy and excited for all that is in store!

1 comment: