Thursday, November 10, 2011

Busy Beavers and Crazy Cats

Contrary to my lack of posting, we are indeed alive and kicking! It has been a crazy week or two around here. My sister, Becky, had her little girl Nora and I am absolutely smitten! She is the cutest little bundle of joy and I love her more than one would think....don't worry Ethan, I still love you too (and Tyler, Paige, Josiah, Addie, Eli, Lily,Will, etc...etc...I have a lot of little people to love)! 

Other than Nora's arrival, Alex has been doing awesome at work, I am still in school and we went to a bonfire and hay ride with our Sunday school class! We didn't know anyone in Pinckneyville when we moved here and the church we have been going to has really opened their arms and hearts and welcomed us! Not that I want to stay here past May, but they have really made our time here more enjoyable! 

FINALLY! The strike at SIU is over! It was the most stressful week of my life. All but one of my teachers were on strike, so I didn't have any classes. I felt very out of sorts and like my routine was ripped to pieces. I got to picket with my teachers and help support them and I was on t.v! I'm famous now, if you didn't know... But, the board of trustee's, chancellor and teacher's union have all come to an agreement and classes may now resume. Not all of SIU's students were impacted, but since my program (dental hygiene) is so specific and there were virtually no teachers, we were greatly affected. You can see the news segment I was featured in...or seen in the background  here

I will post a new Strive post soon....it gets pretty hectic striving for so much though! 
Nora! She has grown more than a pound since I took this just 2 weeks ago!! For more pictures you can check Becky's blog here or in my sidebar

No comments:

Post a Comment