Sunday, September 4, 2011

Strive...to be creative

Last year, I discovered Hobby Lobby. I know it has been there forever, because Grandma would take us when we were little to get things for her crafts. So, I re-discovered it. I made several failed attempts at crafting. Hair bows and fabric flowers are not my calling. I did make a nice little wreath, but I didn't necessarily break new ground...
It's just yarn wrapped around a wreath mold with a ribbon and hair bow flower....earth scattering-ly creative right?
Dr. Seuss told me(...and thousands of other small children), "Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" 
Well I'm thinking everywhere I can think to think and my thinking just leads me to Pinterest. I want so badly to be creative. I want to come up with an original craft, thought, theory or invention. Anything that I can claim as my creativity. If you have never ventured onto pinterest.com  you definitely need to, it is my inspiration for...


These are just blank canvases that I circle punched scrapbook paper (some glittery and some matte) and then just glued the random dots on.

And my Mom was my inspiration for....


Paint chip bunting- I am absolutely in love with bunting right now. So, she sent me an article that used big paint chips to make some quick, cheap (free) and easy bunting!. 

So my Strive moment for this week (and beyond) is to be more creative. I am going to strive to come up with my own craft or idea for a craft and attempt to execute it! Wish me luck! 

Exodus 35:31-33 -  He has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts-to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood and to engage in all kinds of artistic craftsmanship.




1 comment:

  1. I like the bunting! It's very cute. And I don't think most people come up with their own ideas...its only a few 'idea' people, I'm sure. Keep striving!

    ReplyDelete