Wednesday, September 30, 2015

recap: twenty five by twenty six

Last September I set out to accomplish twenty five goals before I turned twenty six. I am proud to say that I accomplished most of my goals! Below is my list and while some of them were blog worthy, others went under the radar.

1. Start a daily journal 
2. Cook more often 
3. Run another half marathon     
4. Learn to knit or crochet
5. Go to Arkansas        
6. Volunteer somewhere 
7. Practice & become a better faux-tographer 
8. Go to Kentucky 
9. Host a dinner party           
10. Celebrate Friendsgiving 
11. Go to Oregon 
12. Try sushi 
13. Plant a lemon tree
14. Learn to hula hoop 
15. Play sand volleyball 
16. Learn to golf or at least play putt putt golf
17. Plant a real garden
18. Read 1 book per month (at least!) 
19. Eat at a new restaurant  
20. Go to Indiana   
21. Finish our basement! 
22. Ride on a tandem bicycle 
23. Write and mail more letters  
24. Redecorate a room in our house  
25. Go to Tennessee 

I still want to learn to knit/crochet, have a lemon tree and plant a real garden. But, I think I was having a weak moment when I said I'd like to learn to play golf...I'll stick with sports I know and am good at. I learned a lot this year and am proud that I accomplished (most of) my goals. 

I always have a list of things I'd like to accomplish and challenging myself publicly kept me more accountable. I haven't written a list for twenty six by twenty seven, but something tells me that this year will bring a lot of new changes, challenges and adventures without a list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment